The sports strategy outlines the purpose, vision, strategic direction and values of the University and the Students' Union.
It provides aims and objectives in our key areas:
- Facilities and Resources - Improving our facilities for easy and regular use by our community.
- Participation - Increase levels of participation in sport and physical activity.
- Performance - Developing outstanding sporting success across our teams.
- Performance Sport - Increased in excellence in our target sports; Fencing, Rugby Union, Hockey and Tennis.
- Healthy Living - Promoting the University Healthy Living Programme.
- Sport for Students with a Disability - Keeping the doors open for all students regardless of disability and increasing their contact with the Student Development Team for this aim.
- Community - Creating partnerships and increasing community involvement.
- Management - Utilising a new Sport Leicester Development Group as the top level sports committee between the University and the Students Union.
View the full University of Leicester Sports Strategy (pdf) for more information.
We are constantly looking to improve our faciltiies and services, keeping aligned with the values of the University of Leicester.
Steps in the right direction
- The Danielle Brown Sports Centre - Our main campus sports centre equipped with state of the art gym and fitness equipment as well as a 20 metre swimming pool, a steam, sauna and spa suite and a double court Sports Hall.
- The Roger Bettles Sports Centre - Our £5 million investment in Oadby to extend our existing Sports Hall is set to increase activity and participation across our students and staff, associates and the local community.
- Sport Scholarships - New for 2012/2013, we are providing numerous scholarships for the next academic year, after increased support from University of Leicester Alumni.