Matt Short carries The Olympic Torch
A little bit about Matt...
- Undergraduate Law student
- In 2010, Matt set up the Ewing's Sarcoma Research Trust, which raises money for the rare form of bone cancer
- Diagnosed with Ewing's Sarcoma in 2007
- Has undergone 14 cycles of chemotherapy
- Matt has also set up a children's football coaching scheme in his hometown of Tonbridge, Kent
Being a torch bearer
- More than 60,000 nominations were received by The London Organising Committee of the Olympic and Paralympic Games (LOCOG) and presenting partners Llyods TSB, Coca-Cola and Samsung.
- Matt was one of the first 6,800 bearers to be announced.
- On average, 115 people will carry the Olympic Torch every day!
- The torch will travel 8,000 miles with each bearer carrying it for roughly 300m
- The torch arrives at the Olympic Stadium on the 27 July 2012