Your Personal Details
The University records two types of address for students:
- 'Home' address - usually your family home or address where you live during the University vacation. We will contact you at this address during vacation periods.
- 'Term time' address - the address you live at during University term time. We will contact you at this address during term time.
These addresses may be the same if you permanently live locally to the University or you are a distance learning student.
The University records three types of telephone numbers for students:
- 'Home' telephone number - usually your family telephone number or the telephone number of where you live during the University vacation.
- 'Term time' telephone number - the land-line telephone number of the address you live at during University term time.
- 'Mobile' telephone number
The University records your University (le.ac.uk) email address and a personal email address. A large proportion of the communications the University sends you will be via email. Please make sure that you check your University email account, and any personal email account you have notified us about, regularly and inform us if you change your personal email address.
In an emergency (e.g. if you have an accident) the University will contact your emergency contact. This would normally be a relative.
To change or update your personal details:
Log in to MyStudentRecord to change your postal address, personal email address, telephone number or emergency contact details.
If you are having difficulties doing this, please email Registry.
The University records your name as the one you used to make your application to your course (whether this was through UCAS or direct to our Admissions Office).
To change your name on the University records you will need to provide us with a certified copy of one of the following:
- Birth certificate
- Marriage certificate
- Deed poll
You will need to return this to the Student Services Zone in the Fielding Johnson Building at the address below or in person to the receptionist at the main reception (campus map).
Student Services Zone (Registry)
Fielding Johnson Building
University of Leicester
We require an official English translation of all documents.
Once your degree has been awarded, you cannot change the name on your certificate.
The University is currently producing a new policy regarding gender identity.