Library/Computer Access

You are first given access to University IT Services and the David Wilson Library when you initially register as a student. Access will remain available to you for the duration of your studies, but in the event that your normal pattern of study changes, you may need to request an extension. Please visit the Student Services Zone (Fielding Johnson Building) to do this.

Order a replacement student ID card

If your student ID card has been lost or stolen you will need to order a replacement. You can do this by:

  • completing a form at the main reception of the Fielding Johnson Building (campus map) and paying the specified amount either by cash or cheque (see table below) or 
  • writing a letter (which includes your name, address and student number) and sending it together with a cheque made payable to the ‘University of Leicester’ for the specified amount (see table below).  

Student Services Zone
University of Leicester
University Road

Cards are usually ready to collect within 24 hours.

A replacement photograph is not normally required.

Charges for replacement library cards

Reason Fee payable
Lost card £6.00
Damaged card £6.00
Expired card No charge
Stolen card No charge if you supply us with a crime number from the police
Name change required    £6.00  

Share this page: