About Travelling Scholarships
|Travelling Scholarships 2014||Shelia Spire Travelling Scholarships 2014|
a maximum of £400 per student*
* Supplementary awards from a £1,000 donation given by Ede and Ravenscroft (the University’s robe-makers) are available to the best applicants
|a maximum of £400 per student
|Number available||up to 10||up to four|
|Purpose||to encourage students to pursue a topic of interest from their area of study||to encourage students to visit and study ancient sites of special historical or architectural interest|
|Criteria||The journey must have a defined academic purpose, but should not be associated with a specific course requirement.||the travel project is not expected to directly relate to a student’s course of study but the journey must have a serious academic purpose|
|Eligibility||all second year undergraduate students||first- and second-year undergraduate students from any subject discipline|
How to apply
Complete the relevant application form
Send your application form to the member of academic staff supporting your application to submit on your behalf (he/she must be a member of the academic staff in the department of the subject associated with the project).
Deadline for receipt of applications: Monday 27 January 2014
The academic member of staff supporting your application submits your form to Catherine Cryer, Student and Academic Services by the application deadline.
Travelling Scholarship reports
A selection of reports submitted in 2013 can be viewed below:
- Boryana Karakoleva went on a volunteering placement working with children and disadvantaged people in Morocco.
- View Boryana's travelling scholarship report (PDF)
- Benjamin Rushton visited Mexico City and Mexican's southern region to view modern Latin American life and the ancient Aztec remains of Mexico.
- View Benjamin's travelling scholarship report (PDF)
- Rebecca Selves visited the Kira Farm Development in Uganda.
- View Rebecca's travelling scholarship report (PDF)
All reports are available to look at in the Library.