Applying for your Loan
You must apply for your student loan as early as possible to ensure that you receive your first instalment at the start of the academic year.
Do not wait for confirmation of acceptance onto your course.
- New full-time students must apply by 31 May 2012.
- Returning full-time students must apply by 29 June 2012.
How to apply
- Log on to your student finance account. If this is your first loan application you will need to create an account using your Customer Reference Number (formerly known as ART ID).
- Apply for funding for 2012/13 by providing your personal and course details then nominating who will be supporting your application (normally parents/partners). You will need to provide consent for your information to be shared.
- Provide contact information for your supporters, and confirm how they will provide their information (online/paper). Your supporters will then be contacted for details of their income and asked to confirm their consent to share this information. The income information your supporters provide must be for the previous whole tax year (i.e. if your application is for 2012/13 they must provide information from the 2010/11 tax year).
If your application is successful you will receive the University Bursary.
For further information on student finance go to the DirectGov website.