Undergraduate Progression and Award
Consult Senate Regulation 5: Regulations governing undergraduate programmes of study when determining if an undergraduate student is eligible to progress to the next year of their course or be offered re-assessment opportunities for failed modules.
Consult Senate Regulation 5: Regulations governing undergraduate programmes of study when determining if an undergraduate student is eligible for an award and their degree classification.
Note: A student who entered their second year in 2009/10 or before should have their award and degree classification determined according to the scheme of assessment that was in operation at that time. Consult the Quality Office for details (email@example.com | 0116 252 2605)
Logic tables: These describe the scheme in a way that makes the logic explicit for creating database or spreadsheet rules. They are available from the Quality Office for departments to consult
Recording progression and award decisions
Undergraduate progression and award decisions must be returned to the Assessments Office after the mid-summer and the September Board of Examiners meetings. Departmental contacts and/or departmental Examinations Officers will be sent instructions and a spreadsheet to complete by the progression and award return deadline.
Amendments to progression or award decisions
Any amendments to progression decisions should be sent to the Registry:
|Change of:||Mid-summer decision||September decision|
|contact||Emma Mealing (firstname.lastname@example.org)||Christian Kitchener (email@example.com)|
- student name and number
- revised decision (and original for comparison)
- brief statement about the reason for the change
- written confirmation of the change by the Chair of the Board of Examiners (preferably in the form of a signed memo; an email may be acceptable for small changes).
Advice about progression and award processes
- Contact your College Academic Advisor in the Quality Office for advice about progression and award rules and guidelines or if have a progression query concerning specific student.
- Contact Emma Mealing or Christian Kitchener if you have a query about the completion of the progression and award spreadsheet.
Taught postgraduate progression
- 2012/13 entry students and beyond: Senate Regulation 6: Regulations governing taught postgraduate
- 2011/12 entry students and before: General Regulations for Taught Programmes (for year of entry)