Academic Registrar's Office
Geoff Green, Academic Registrar
Email: email@example.com, Tel: 0116 252 2289
Geoff Green joined the University of Leicester in 2009 as the Director of Administration for the College of Science & Engineering. He became the Academic Registrar in 2015. Prior to joining the University, Geoff spent over ten years working in Further and Higher Education, including the University of Oxford and The Open University where he was Director of Strategy, Planning & Resources in their Business School.
As Academic Registrar, Geoff has overall responsibility for the effective operation of student-facing services, including Registry, Graduate School Office, Careers, Sports and Recreation and Student Support Services. He is responsible for the University’s teaching quality frameworks and regulations, working closely with the Pro-Vice Chancellor for Student Experience. He oversees strategic planning, business continuity, risk and governance, and is Secretary to the University Senate.
Geoff has an undergraduate degree from the University of Warwick and a Masters degree in Business Administration from The Open University. He is a member of the Academic Registrar’s Council and the Association of University Administrators.
Sally Achurch, PA to Academic Registrar
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel: 0116 252 2289
Sally provides PA support to Geoff Green and has responsibility for:
- Managing systems and processes within the Academic Registrar’s Office (including overseeing the email@example.com inbox and financial administration)
- Providing administrative support to Senate
- Event management
- Providing high level administrative support for the Division of Student and Academic Services (including DITC support, estates and space management point of contact, monthly sickness return submissions and budget monitoring).
Becky Bradshaw, Project Officer
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel: 0116 223 1822
Becky provides support across a wide range of, often changing, divisional and organisational projects. Her current responsibilities include:
- Developing a Head of Department Handbook and institution wide cycle of business for academic departments (to be rolled out at the end of October 2016)
- Supporting organisational change projects including Academic Reorganisation Implementation
- Coordinating Business Continuity Planning across the Division
- Overseeing the development of the Food for Thought staff briefing sessions and producing the Academic Registrar’s Bulletin.
Details of key dates including SAS divisional all staff meetings, coffee and conversation sessions and new staff lunches are available on these pages.
Communication and Events
Academic Registrar's Bulletin
Our Academic Registrar's bulletin is sent to staff within Student and Academic Services and academic schools and departments several times a year. It is filled with news and updates of activity within the division. We hope you find these useful.
Food for Thought
Our Food for Thought sessions are a series of lunchtime talks aiming to make staff more aware of areas of the University that they may not be familiar with, and to shed light on some of our strategic developments and challenges. The sessions run throughout the year. We hope that you will be able to come along.
Student and Academic Services All Staff meeting
Our all staff meeting takes place on a termly basis and provides the opportunity for divisional colleagues to gain insight into key developments across the division. A copy of the most recent slides can be found here.