Student Recruitment: Staff Development and Training
Undergraduate Student Recruitment is more critical than ever, with the introduction of higher fees for 2012, and an ever changing picture in terms of caps on student numbers. What is certain is that we are entering a time of the most intensive competition to attract the very best applicants to this University.
These sessions were for all staff who may be involved in any aspects of student recruitment – from new Heads of Departments, to administrative staff in departmental offices and services, from Admissions Tutors and outreach staff, to staff who are involved in meeting and greeting visitors during Open Days.
Each session lasted just 45 minutes, and focused on a particular aspect of the recruitment process, whilst giving staff the opportunity to meet with the central recruitment team, and to discuss broader issues.
To download the presentations from these events, please click on the relevant title below:
- Introduction to Undergraduate Student Recruitment (pdf)
- Understanding Student Finance and Funding 2012 and beyond (pdf)
- Organising Student Recruitment Events: Open Days and UCAS Days (pdf)
- Customer Relations Management: Building relationships with enquirers and applicants (pdf)
- Widening Participation: What is it all about? (pdf)
- Organising Schools Outreach (pdf)
We will shortly be completing the evaluation of these events and plan to repeat a similar programme of events again next year. In the mean time if you would like us to come to deliver similar sessions to a specific group of colleagues, please do not hesitate contact:
Head of Student Recruitment
Tel: (0116) 223 1317