National Student Survey
- Students in their final year are asked a series of 23 questions in eight categories.
- The University does not take up the option to add further questions.
- NHS students are also asked about practice placements.
NSS Results and Response Rates
Results are released to the University in August each year. Response Rates are monitored weekly by the Planning Office whilst the survey is being conducted. These require your logon details:
- 2010 (2008/09) Response Rates and Results
- 2011 (2009/10) Response Rates and Results
- 2012 (2010/11) Response Rates
About the National Student Survey
Publically funded HE Institutions across England, Wales, Northern Ireland and Scotland are surveyed and public results are restricted to those that have a minimum 50% response rate (or 23 students).
Student data is submitted to Ipsos MORI by the end of November the previous year. Data originates from the HESA return for that year (2010/11 academic year for the 2012 survey).
There are strict rules about adding and removing people from the survey and HEFCE can decide not to publish results of institutions that ignore their quality assurance system.
University Contact: Simon Edwards, Planning Officer
email@example.com; 0116 252 2676