A one-stop solution for student recruitment and marketing issues
Our student recruitment markets are changing and becoming increasingly competitive. The specialist skills exist within the University to help you make the most of opportunities out there. But by their nature these specialist skills exist across a range of people.
To make it easier for you to get the best support possible, we hold occasional ‘Marketing and Student Recruitment Surgeries’ so that you can make the most of our specialist skills and advice in a one-stop format.
At these surgeries, colleagues from across the Division of Corporate Affairs and Planning can advise you on a range of issues including:
- Market Research to assess the viability of new courses and/or course changes
- How to get approval from the University for a new programme
- Accessing (limited) start up funding for new programmes
- Pricing analysis to inform fee and scholarship setting
- Developing effective marketing messages
- Poster and brochure design
- Direct mailings to schools, industry and professional organisations
- Website development
- Using your alumni to support recruitment
- Print advertising, pay per click search engine advertising and search engine optimisation
- Setting your programmes up on MyLeicester, the University’s customer relationship management system, and engaging interested students through it
- Setting your course up with Admissions and/or UCAS so that you can receive applications
- International markets and student recruitment
The first Marketing Surgery will be held on:
- Wednesday 30 November 2011, 3.30pm – 5.00pm
- in the Haldane Room, Fielding Johnson Building
You don’t need to book - feel free to just drop in at any time, but it would be helpful to know if you plan to come along to help gauge numbers. Everyone welcome, whatever your role or department.
For further information please contact:
Internal Communications Officer
Tel: 0116 252 5105