Introduction to OSCOLA referencing for law
from 11:00 AM to 12:00 PM
The Oxford University Standard for the Citation of Legal Authorities (OSCOLA) is the referencing style used by the Leicester Law School.
This is a 1 hour practical workshop introducing the general principles of the OSCOLA referencing style, focusing on referencing primary and secondary sources from the UK jurisdiction.
Who is this workshop for?
Primarily undergraduate law students, but also relevant to postgraduate law students who are not familiar with the OSCOLA referencing style.
What will it cover?
- General principles of referencing, footnotes and bibliographies
- How to reference secondary sources - books and journals
- How to reference primary sources - legislation and law reports
- How to use short forms and ibid to cite subsequent references
Do I need to do anything to prepare?
- No - all materials are provided
- No need to sign up in advance
- To put it in your Outlook calendar click vCal and then Open
- All rooms are wheelchair accessible
- Special requirements can be catered for (eg large print materials) click here to let us know what you need