Personal Development Planning
Personal Development Planning (PDP) is a process designed to enable you to think about, and plan for, your own personal, academic and career development. Throughout your degree you will be encouraged to reflect on your progress and achievements, and to identify areas you wish to develop and improve on.
Engaging with PDP will help you to:
- recognise the skills and abilities you are developing during your studies;
- recognise how these skills and abilities are transferable to other contexts (including work and professional contexts);
- identify areas you want and need to improve and develop;
- improve your employability and plan for your future career.
These pages are designed to provide a more thorough introduction to PDP, and to provide some exercises to help you:
- reflect on your progress;
- recognise transferable skills development;
- identify areas for improvement;
- investigate resources and help;
- make some plans for action.
|PDP for undergraduates|
|PDP for taught postgraduate students|
|PDP for research postgraduate students|