Mathematics Help Centre
The University of Leicester's Mathematics Help Centre provides maths and statistics support and advice for students from all disciplines.
What do we offer?
The Mathematics Help Centre provides face-to-face support with mathematics and statistics related queries and problems. The Centre is open from 3.00pm-6.00pm Monday to Friday in the Librarians' Office on the ground floor of the David Wilson Library (just past the book returns area). There is no need to book a session - just turn up.
The tutors come from a range of different academic subject backgrounds (from science and engineering to social sciences) but all are be happy to help out with questions and queries relating to your discipline.
What do I need to attend the Mathematics Help Centre?
You will need to bring with you any notes, questions, examples of work, assignment details etc. that will help the tutors get up to speed with your problem. It is also important to bring evidence of your attempts to manage the work for yourself before you attend the drop-in centre.
The tutors in the Centre will:
- Advise you on the skills and techniques required to help you get the best possible results you can.
- Support students from all departments.
- Ensure that all face-to-face meetings are kept confidential from your department unless you provide us with permission to contact your department on your behalf.
The tutors in the Centre will not:
- Do your coursework for you.
- Proof read or 'check' your coursework.
- Be able, necessarily, to answer every question that you might have. Whilst we will do our utmost to help in anyway we can, there may be cases where we advise you speak directly to your subject tutor(s).
- Offer opinions or judgements on how a piece of work has been marked.
- Advise on matters relating to academic regulations such as mitigating circumstances - although we will advise you on who you can contact for advice on these matters.
Who can I contact for more information about the Mathematics Help Centre?
If you have any enquires about the Mathematics Help Centre you can contact email@example.com
Mathematics Support Wiki
The Mathematics Support Wiki is a small wiki run by the University of Leicester which may be used by any student or staff member to get access to high quality mathematics and statistics resources on a range of topics from basic arithmetic to complex numbers and differential equations. Users can log-in using their University username and password.