- For parking facilities, see Travel and Parking
The University Bookshop is in the Library building.
Opening times are as follows:
- Term-time, Mon-Fri: 9.00am-5.30pm Holidays
- Mon-Fri: 9.00am-5.00pm
- Saturdays, all year: 9.00am-12.30pm
- There is also a secondhand bookshop, Willingale's, in the Students’ Union
Food and drink
Contact the Catering Service: email@example.com, ext. 2212
- Catering Service website
- Cafes and bars on campus
- Catering for events – including delic!ous delivery menu
- The fifth floor of the Charles Wilson is open to members of the Senior Common Room
- See also Conference catering
- Food and drink is also available in the Students’ Union from the Nourish shop and the 1923 restaurant.
During term, the David Wilson Library is open 24 hours from 9.00am Sunday until midnight Friday, and Saturday 9.00am until midnight. The Library is open
24/7 during the January and May exam periods.
- Library website
- Applying for a library card
- Library opening hours
- Please report lost or stolen cards to the Library (firstname.lastname@example.org, 0116 252 2043)
Sport and recreation
See also Clubs and Societies
- Sport and recreation at Leicester
- Sports facilities
- Sportscard - allows unlimited access to most University sports facilities
Embrace Arts (formerly the Richard Attenborough Centre) is the place for arts and education. As the University of Leicester's arts centre, Embrace Arts aims to offer opportunities to participate without barriers in ways that challenge and inspire. People can engage with the arts as audiences, performers and learners.
At Beaumont Hall in Oadby there is a sixteen acre botanic garden. The garden has an array of interesting features, including an arboretum, a herb garden, woodland and herbaceous borders, rock gardens, a water garden, the National Collections of Skimmia, Aubrieta, hardy Fuchsia and Lawson's Cypress, and a series of glasshouses displaying temperate and tropical plants, alpines and succulents.