University of Leicester Mobile App
- The University mobile app has now launched. Download it now or click on More information to find out more.
About the Project
At the University of Leicester current and prospective students have an expectation that a modern University will provide useful information in mobile form. Therefore, the University mobile app has the potential to directly and positively impact the quality of the student experience.
The mobile app will be freely available to current and prospective students and University visitors. It will provide easily accessible information on most smart phones and tablet computers.
The aim of having a mobile app is to:
- Improve student satisfaction through timely access to useful information.
- Improve reputation as a forward thinking institution.
- Improve communication capability with students through mobile channel.
- Increase use of Blackboard through enabling mobile access.
The University mobile app will be launched in October 2012.
The project is a joint venture between IT Services - responsible for supporting the platform, bespoke technical development and project management and the Web Team - responsible for the content, design and creating a roadmap of development for the app.
Project Manager: Nichola Wilson
Project Executive: Christine Fyfe