Request a program or new software
You can check to see whether a program is already available or whether there is a suitable alternative:
- Browse through the programs section. You can find a program by:
- Using the search feature
- Category e.g. pre-installed or home-use
- Type i.e. what area the program might be used for e.g. Data analysis
- Subject e.g. geology, economics
- A-Z complete list
- You can also check Programs that are available to you immediately from the Program Installer
Whilst many programs are available to anyone at the University, some have restrictions as to who can use the program:
- Authorised users – there may be a few or not enough licenses to cater for access by many staff/students. You should contact the IT Service Desk to request access or to discuss your requirement.
- Department – This software is for use by a single department. If you would like to use this program, you should contact the IT Service Desk, we can discuss your requirement and make any suitable arrangements.
- Role – Some programs are available for certain members of the University. For clarification contact the IT Service Desk.
- Location – these programs can only be used on campus or in a specific building
See the Software purchase and installation regulations
If you have been unable to find the program above, make your request via the Request new software form.
If the program is not currently available, your department may be asked to fund the purchase, based on a quotation provided by IT Services. The purchase will then only continue when the quotation has been approved and a cost code provided.