To see a list of all available programs and home use University programs go to:
Open the Program installer
- Click Start > All Programs > Program Installer
When the Program Installer opens you will be able to do the following:
Find a program
To find a program you can either:
- Scroll through the list of programs
- Search for a program
- Pick a program category type
Get program information
If you should be unsure of what a program does, than by clicking it a brief
description of the program will appear. The More Information button will take you to further information about the program and any help resources available.
Install a program
Once installed most programs will be available wherever you login, however other programs can only be installed at the PC you are using at that time:
- Install on my IT Account: programs installed in this way will be available on any University managed Windows 7 PC you login to
- Install on this PC: Programs installed in this way will only be available on the PC you have installed it on. If you move to another PC you will need to install the program again. Some programs installed in this way are quite large so installation may take a while. Please be patient.
- Click the Install button to install.
- After the program has installed it will appear in Start > All Programs in alphabetical order.
Remove a program
When you select a program from the list which is already installed, the Install button will change to Remove. You can then remove the program.
If you need any help installing programs, or the program you want isn't available in the Program Installer, contact the IT Service Desk.