Manager to PA delegate access
If you want to give a delegate full permission to use your mailbox (email, all folders, calendar, contacts, tasks) and send emails as if they were logged into your account you should follow the steps below.
This will avoid you having to give your password to another person and risk compromising your personal information.
This will allow the delegate/PA to send emails in your name as if they came from you.
- The owner should contact IT Service Desk on 0116 252 2253 or email email@example.com and give the delegate’s University IT account username (e.g. abc1). Ask for the delegate to be given:
- Full mailbox access
- “Send as” permission
Allow 3 days for the delegate access to be set up.
- Wait for confirmation that the delegate access has been set up
- Follow the steps to Add an additional mailbox
Once you have added an additional mailbox you will be able to reply or send mail from the owner’s account, as if it had been sent by the owner. Your name will not appear in the sender details. It will be stored in the owner’s Sent Items.
Choose the sender
- Begin a new email or reply
- Click the From button to choose which account to send the email from
- If you choose your own username the sent email will appear in your sent items
- If you choose the owner’s username the sent email will appear in the owner’s sent items
You may wish to set up a second signature to use when sending from the owner’s email account.