Staff email addresses
When your University IT account is created, your email address is your username followed by @leicester.ac.uk e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org. However you may use the shorter form e.g. email@example.com.
You may also want to send or receive emails using a different address. There are several options:
- University email alias - an email address for a role e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Friendly email address - allows staff to use a more meaningful name as their email address e.g. email@example.com
- Mailing lists (Automated) - automatically updated mailing lists for staff and students in departments
- Mailing lists (Mailman) - can be used to send messages to everyone on the mailing list, even to non-University email addresses
- University email group - an email address for a group of people e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org