Set your password reset answers
In order to reset your password at a later date, you will need to enter some answers to password reset questions.
What are the questions?
There are four questions in total and you must answer all of them:
- A meaningful date
- Place/city of birth
- Favourite colour
- Favourite fictional character
What answers can I give?
- Answers are not case-sensitive but the format is important e.g. if you enter the date 10/11/12, this is different from 10.11.12. You will need to recall this answer to reset your password
- Each response should be four or more characters
- You can't give the same response to more than one question
How to set your password reset answers
Off-campus or using a personal PC or Mac
When you login to a University PC for the first time a web page will appear asking you answers each of the four questions.
This is referred to as the Forefront Identity Manager (FIM) Self Service Password Reset Registration tool and is an approved method to set your password questions. Follow the same steps to Set your answers using the online tool.
You can close the webpage, but you will be prompted to set your answers each time you login, until complete them.
- Go to www.le.ac.uk/setpasswordanswers (Opens in a new window). If you are off-campus you may need to login using your University IT account. Enter uol\ followed by your username, then your password. Press OK to continue
- Click on Next to begin
- As a security measure, you must enter the password of your University IT account. Click Next to continue
- Enter answers for all four questions. You can use any characters on your keyboard. Each response must include at least four charters and you cannot use the same answer for more than one question. Click Next to continue
- Your password reset answers are now set. You will now be able to reset your password in future, by recalling these answers.