Change your password on a University Apple Mac
Staff who primarily use an Apple Mac on campus are advised to change their password on the Mac if possible to ensure the keychain is updated.
If you are changing your password from a University Apple Mac, you will need to follow these instructions:
- From the Apple menu, choose System Preferences.
- Click the Users & Groups icon in the System Preferences window.
- Select your username from the list.
- Click Change Password, then follow the onscreen prompts.
- When you change your account password, be sure to update the Hint field as well, so that the hint makes sense for your new password.
- After changing the password, users must, if the keychain utility prompts to update the keychain, click “Update” or “Update All”.
- You can use http://www.le.ac.uk/changepassword. However, you will still need to use your old password to log into your MAC until you return to campus.
- When you are back on campus, if a pop-up window appears, you should click ‘Update Keychain Password’ and then enter your old password. You can enter your newly set password going forward.