Change your password
Reset your mobile devices and laptop connections
When you change your password, you will also need to update any mobile phones, tablets and personal laptops that use eduroam wifi, University email, webdav connections or anything that requires your University IT account password.
You should update these devices promptly after you change your password. Otherwise, your IT account may become locked, as some devices will repeatedly attempt to connect with your old password until you change it.
If you have more than one or two devices connected to email or eduroam it may take too long to get around all devices to update your password, and you may risk your account being locked out before you have chance to do this. Where this is the case it may be easier to remove the connections from the devices before resetting your password and add them again from scratch afterwards.
If your IT account is locked out, you can wait 30 minutes for it to automatically unlock, so you don’t need to call the IT Service Desk. You should remove the connection on all devices before you update your password, if you want to prevent your IT account being locked out.
On some devices if you have an eduroam connections, you may not be able to change the password. Therefore you will need to forget the connection before you change your password and then set up the connection again once you have changed your password. This will avoid your account getting locked out straight away.
- Android devices will prompt you for your new password when you attempt to connect to eduroam
- If you use Apple devices you may need to do remove the current eduroam profile then reinstall it using your new password.
- Go to Settings > General > Profiles
- Highlight the eduroam profile click Remove
- Reinstall the eduroam profile as described in the setup instructions below.
- Set up eduroam wifi
- Setup student email account connection
- Setup staff and PGR email account connection
If you are on campus, you can change your password at any time from a University computer:
Off-campus or using a personal Mobile device or laptop
If you have set your password reset answers you can:
What if I have not set my password reset answers?
- At a University PC Press Ctrl + Alt + Del
- Choose Change a password…
- Enter your Old password
- Enter your New password and again to Confirm password
- Press the arrow to change your password