It is important that you choose a secure password, for the safety of your information and access to University systems.
To protect the information in your University IT account from unauthorized access:
- Staff are required to change their password every three months, in line with the University Information Security Policy (ISP-19)
- Do not share your password with anyone. Except in the case of a shared departmental account, you should never disclose you passwords to anyone. No one from IT services will ever ask for your password.
- Do not write down your password
- Do not let anyone see you type your password
- Remember to log off. Do not leave a PC without first logging off. Check that you have logged off before you leave the PC.
If you receive a phone call or an email from any organisation asking you to send or type in your username or password do not do this. Please report this to the IT Service Desk. IT Services will never ask for your password.
Change your password
You can change your password at any time:
- Change your password
- Change your password off campus using Outlook Web Access (staff and postgraduate researchers only)
- Set a password on your Mac
- Update your password in the Mac Keychain
Forgotten your password
If you have forgotten your password, you can reset it provided you have set your password reset answers.
Set your password reset answers
In order to reset your password online you should set your password reset questions.