Firefox available to students on University PCs
Over 80% of the 545 staff and students suggested Firefox was a suitable additional web browser to Internet Explorer in the recent browser survey. Students can now install Firefox when they login to a University PC.
The University browser strategy has been revised to take into account of the changes made following the suggestions from staff and students. Internet Explorer will remain the default browser for opening web pages and working with University applications. Support will only be provided for University web applications on the basis that you are using Internet Explorer.
You can install Firefox by using the Program Installer on a University PC.
- Click on the Start button
- Choose All programs
- Click on the Program Installer
- When the Program Installer loads, choose Firefox from the list of programs
- Then choose Install
Firefox will then be available from the Start menu of any University computer you login to.
- Firefox bookmarks may become corrupted and no longer be accessible. You may not be able to add new bookmarks. The problem is not widespread and we are investigating it.
- Web pages containing Flash content may take longer to load than expected. We are working to implement a solution to this problem over the coming months.
Need IT help?
Contact the IT Service Desk on 0116 252 2253 or via email at email@example.com. Please make urgent queries by telephone.