Add a web link
- Log in to Blackboard and access the relevant course site.
- Access the relevant content area within the course site. Make sure that Edit Mode is On.
- Select the Web Link option from the Build Content menu.
- On the Create Web Link page, enter a descriptive Name for your link. This name will form the link that people click on.
- Next enter the web address (URL) of your external link.
When creating external links you must ensure that you add the full web address.
- www2.le.ac.uk is incorrect
- http://www2.le.ac.uk is correct
Entering an incomplete address may result in an error being displayed when you create the link or worse still your students may see errors when they click on the link.
- It can also be useful to provide a description of where users will be taken if they follow the link and what they should expect to see if they do. Descriptions can be added in the large Text box.
- If required, you can also associate files with an external link by browsing for and attaching them in section 2 of the page. This approach can be useful if you would like students to view a document before or during a visit to an external link that you provide them with.
- Choose whether to permit users to view the link and set date and time restrictions if appropriate to determine when the link will be visible to students.
- Links in Blackboard work best when they open in a separate window. To do this, choose Yes for Open in New Window.
- Click on the Submit button to create the link.