Blackboard Mobile Learn
What can I do with Blackboard Mobile Learn?
- View Content
- View Announcements
- Use the Discussion Board, blogs and journals
- Take tests that have been specially created for use from the mobile app
- See My Grades (if your department is using this)
See Blackboard's features page for more information.
The features available will depend on what type of phone or other mobile device you are using. In general, most features will work from Apple or Android devices but fewer features work from Blackberry or other types of mobile. You can see a full list in Blackboard's Applications and Features Summary.
By default you will see a notification on your mobile when new announcements or content are added to one of your Blackboard course sites. See the Notifications page for information on how to control which notifications are displayed.
What won't work?
Some features are not available using the mobile app or will open in your device's web browser:
- You cannot submit work to Turnitin assignments or Blackboard assignments from the mobile app.
- Module pages such as the Home page in the default view template do not work from the mobile app.
- Tests may open in a browser, unless they have been specifically created for use from the mobile app.
- Chat and Virtual Classroom do not work.
- Some content, for example Adobe Presenter presentation, will only work on devices with Flash.
- Video and audio clips may be slow to download.
- You can only open files that have been attached using the Attached Files feature in Blackboard:
Other links to files may not work from the mobile app. You will only be able to open attached files (e.g. Word or PDF documents) if your device can display that type of file.