Navigate through your files and folders
- View your Z:\My Documents folder
- View your Departmental Shared Drive (X:)
- Navigate folders using the Address Bar
- Navigate folders using the navigation pane
View your Z:\My Documents folder
1. Open Windows Explorer
2. In the Navigation pane click on the white arrow next to Computer to expand the folder
3. Click onto your Z: drive (the drive beginning with your initials)
4. Double click onto the My Documents folder in the right hand pane.
5. The address bar will display with your initials … > My Documents
The set of folders displayed is the same as those shown in the Documents Library
- Open Windows Explorer
- In the left hand pane click on the white arrow next to Computer to expand the folder
- Click onto Departmental Shared Data (X:)
As you navigate through your folders the path you have taken will be shown in the Address Bar at the top of Windows Explorer.
You can tell which folder you’re in by looking at the address bar.
To jump back to a previous folder e.g. Documents, click onto the folder name in the Address Bar.
Click on the arrow next to a folder to display other folders at that level. Click on a folder to jump to it.
You may prefer to use the folder list in the navigation pane to navigate your folders. You can change the options so that the folder list expands automatically as you open each folder.
1. Click the Organize button > choose Folder and search options
2. Select Automatically expand to current folder
4. Click OK