Antivirus Programs for Home Use
Why protect your PC?
It is recommended that your home computer should have some kind of antivirus program installed. Antivirus programs prevent, detect and remove viruses from your computer.
If you have an existing antivirus program, whether free of paid for, which you are happy with, then you should continue to use that. Otherwise, the following discounted or free programs are recommended.
For your PC and Mac
Software4students offers discounted offers on Kaspersky Anti-Virus. Offers include:
- Kaspersky Anti-Virus for your PC for one year: £15.99
- Kaspersky Anti-Virus for your Mac for one year: £19.28
- Register with Software4students
For your PC
AVG Free protects your computer against viruses and spyware.
- Go to the AVG website
- Click Download for AVG anti-virus free
Microsoft Security Essentials
Microsoft Security essentials protects your PC against viruses and spyware. It works on multiple versions of Windows, from XP to Windows 7.
Before installing please check the system requirements.
- Go to the Microsoft Security essentials website and click download
Sophos Antivirus for Mac Home
If you have a Mac at home Sophos provides a free anti-virus. To download visit the sophos website.