Key benefits and features
- Work on your Z: drive files and emails whilst you are away from the University and even when you are not connected to the Internet. They are synchronised automatically when you are next connected.
- Secure and safe. Each laptop is encrypted and complies with the Information Assurance Policies.
- Automatically connects the University wireless network
- A direct substitute for a desktop PC
The IT Services laptop has been designed to replace your desktop PC. However there are a few differences that you should know, particularly if you are using it away from the University.
We have produced a guide to the laptop to help you get used to these differences and highlight things you should know about.
- Download the Laptop Guide
How can I...
Some computers have an eject button on the docking station. Pressing the eject button instead of following this procedure also undocks the laptop. For more information, see the documentation provided with your docking station.