Dates of Arrival
- London Orientation: Sunday 15 - Saturday 21 September 2013 . Your flight should arrive at Heathrow by 8am; allow 2 hours to get to the Meeting Point at Terminal 3. The bus into London will depart at 10am.
- Airport Bus Service: Saturday 21 September 2013 (Please note this service is not available for Erasmus students). Your flight should arrive at Heathrow Airport by 9am; allow 2 hours to get to the meeting Point at Terminal 3. The bus to Leicester will depart at 11am. This is the easiest way to get to Leicester and it's free. Details of how to book your place on the airport bus will be included in your Joining Instructions. Students on the London Orientation do not need to book a place as travel to Leicester is included in your tour.
- Welcome Programme: September dates to be confirmed. All Study Abroad students are advised to attend.
Making your own way to Leicester
Students are advised to take advantage of the Study Abroad airport bus service. If you are making your own way to Leicester there are several options to travel to Leicester from the Airport, some options are listed below and can be found on our website at: http://www2.le.ac.uk/offices/ssds/welfare/international-student-support/iswp/travel/coaches-from-major-airports
- National Express Coach (Heathrow - Leicester St Margaret's bus station) www.nationalexpress.com
- Heathrow Express train to London Paddington, www.heathrowexpress.com
- London Paddington - Leicester Train Station: www.eastmidlandstrains.co.uk/emtrains
Once in Leicester take a taxi to your accommodation. Taxis will be located at bus and train stations.
If you are making your own way to Leicester, inform the Study Abroad Office of when you intend to arrive at your accommodation. It is advised that you arrive during office hours and have the details of your term time address as well as where you will be staying for the Welcome Programme.