Recruitment at the University of Leicester
This area of our website aims to provide you with assistance and support when you need to recruit staff. All paid members of staff must be recruited through a legally compliant process and must be able to demonstrate eligibility to work in the UK. The Recruitment Team will support you with this and are available to provide advice on how to do this and guidance on the following areas:
- Writing your Job Summary Form (DOCX, 44KB) and understanding the grading process
- Obtaining internal and external funding approval
- Maximising the visibility of your vacancy
- Using i-Grasp (PDF, 116KB), the University's e-recruitment system
- Interview and assessment techniques to help you select the right person
- Recruiting from outside of the European Economic Area (EEA)
- The Redeployment process
If you are an experienced hiring manager, you can click on the link below to access all of the forms you need to get your recruitment activity underway:
Advice and Support
Alternatively, if you are new to the recruitment process at the University and require advice, or just need a bit more help, you can click on the link below to complete and submit a short information request template. A Recruitment Advisor will then contact you within 48 hours to discuss the next steps.
To ensure best practice and compliance with legal requirements, the University offers a recruitment and selection training workshop. This will provide you with an opportunity to find out more about our recruitment processes and to participate in interview training. Please note that it is a mandatory requirement for all hiring managers to have attended the workshop prior to interviewing - for more information, and to book a place, please go to our Leicester Learning Institute's website.