Standing Committees 2016-2017
Council, the governing body of the University, carries ultimate responsibility for the conduct of the University’s affairs but it is supported in this work by a formal system of standing committees. These standing committees report either directly to Council, or directly to Senate and then on to Council. The direct reporting line will be indicated in each committee's terms of reference.
The diagram and links below reflect the standing committees of Senate and Council as structured in January 2016*
- Standing Committees of Senate
- Standing Committees of Council
- Chairs and Secretaries of Standing Committees
- Committee Servicing Guidance and Templates (on Staff Development site)
- Effectiveness Protocol (PDF) for Standing Committees of Senate and Council
NB The Career Development Advisory Board and the Strategic Fundraising Committee will be abolished after 2016/2017.