Welcome to the Tax Section
The Tax section deals with all tax matters which affect the University. It submits returns to HM Revenue and Customs on a monthly and quarterly basis and completes the corporation tax return for the University and its subsidiaries.
Some of our responsibilites are:
- Submitting quarterly VAT returns to HMRC
- Providing advice and guidance to University departments on all VAT and direct tax matters
- Ensuring the University complies with all tax regulation
- Compiling monthy intrastat and EC sales returns to HMRC
- Developing tax planning and strategies
- Implementing and improving systems and procedures within the University to ensure Tax function works in an efficient manner.
The University of Leicester is registered for VAT. Its VAT registration number is GB 916 583 894
|VAT BASICS||RESEARCH VAT|
|CODING INCOME||IMPORTS AND EXPORTS|
|CODING PURCHASES||USEFUL LINKS|
Where is the tax section based?
Fielding Johnson Building. Room 172 on the second floor.
|Roger Bennett||- Head of Tax
|Jos Puri||- PT Tax Accountant
|Rajwinder Bhola||- Tax Assistant