The maintenance team are responsible for keeping the University's buildings, compliant with statutory regulations and "fit for purpose". In order to do this we run a planned works programme, manage service contracts for major equipment (air conditioning units, chillers, fire alarms, lifts) and provide a repairs service for all faults. We also monitor and maintain safe temperatures in buildings using our BMS system. The maintenance team is managed by Steve Rees
Small works such as painting a small area or putting up shelves should be reported to the maintenance help line on 2319 or 5851. All other requests for new works and refurbishments should be via the submission of a Project Brief Form.
What you can expect from us
- Undertake reactive maintenance/repairs and make every effort to meet target response times.
- Provide a Helpdesk service from 08.30 to 17:00 hours on working days (Monday-Friday excluding bank holidays).
- Provide emergency call-out 24/7 for 52 weeks of the year.
- Liaise with customers within the appropriate area prior to undertaking any work.
- Notify the customer of the expected response date if the assigned time-scale cannot be met.
- Inform the customer, that the repair has been resolved or assessed, indicating what action is planned if the latter.
- Monitor the quality of work and take corrective action when necessary.
What we need you to do
- Report all reactive maintenance queries to the Helpdesk.
- Report all emergencies (Priority 1) as soon as discovered to the Helpdesk by telephone, 2319. For out-of-hours emergencies telephone 2023.
- Nominate Departmental Contact Offices (DCOs) and telephone numbers; these must be accessible during normal working hours. NB where a department occupies more than one building, there should be a DCO for each building.
- Inform the Estates Office of when the area will be accessible for work to be carried out.
- Co-operate with Estates Staff and Contractors in situations where disruption is inevitable.
The help desk is available from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30p.m. An emergency call out service is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
There is no direct charge for the repairs and planned maintenance services to academic and corporate service departments. Requests for additional work, e.g. putting up shelves/notice-boards, painting and decorating which is not part of the planned maintenance programme should be discussed with the team as requests over a certain cost will be seen as minor works.