The maintenance team are responsible for keeping the University's buildings, compliant with statutory regulations and "fit for purpose". In order to do this we run a planned works programme, manage service contracts for major equipment (air conditioning units, chillers, fire alarms, lifts) and provide a repairs service for all faults. We also monitor and maintain safe temperatures in buildings using our BMS system.
Small works such as painting a small area or putting up shelves should be requested using the maintenance fault reporting system. All other requests for new works and refurbishments should be via the submission of a Project Brief Form.
What you can expect from us
- Undertake reactive maintenance/repairs and make every effort to meet target response times.
- Provide a Helpdesk service from 08.30 to 17:00 hours on working days (Monday-Friday excluding bank holidays).
- Provide emergency call-out 24/7 for 52 weeks of the year.
- Liaise with customers within the appropriate area prior to undertaking any work.
- Notify the customer of the expected response date if the assigned time-scale cannot be met.
- Inform the customer, that the repair has been resolved or assessed, indicating what action is planned if the latter.
- Monitor the quality of work and take corrective action when necessary.
What we need you to do
- Report all reactive maintenance queries to the Helpdesk.
- Report all emergencies (Priority 1) as soon as discovered to the Helpdesk by telephone, 2319. For out-of-hours emergencies telephone 2023.
- Nominate Departmental Contact Offices (DCOs) and telephone numbers; these must be accessible during normal working hours. NB where a department occupies more than one building, there should be a DCO for each building.
- Inform the Estates Office of when the area will be accessible for work to be carried out.
- Co-operate with Estates Staff and Contractors in situations where disruption is inevitable.
The help desk is available from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30p.m. An emergency call out service is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
There is no direct charge for the repairs and planned maintenance services to academic and corporate service departments. Requests for additional work, e.g. putting up shelves/notice-boards, painting and decorating which is not part of the planned maintenance programme should be discussed with the team as requests over a certain cost will be seen as minor works.