The University has a fleet of business vehicles, these include VIP vehicles and vans for the Security, Maintenance, Gardening and Catering teams. The fleet is managed by Lorraine Saddington who oversees the effective management of the fleet including purchasing, maintenance, driver training and disposal. Each University department manage their own vehicles and authorised drivers on a day to day basis. Licensing and insurance are managed by the Insurance Services.
What we do
- advise on the optimum procurement options for new vehicles;
- advise on the options for disposal of vehicles no longer required, taking note of our environmental requirements;
- advise departments on routine maintenance, MOT tests and repairs;
- provide University fuel cards for the fleet;
- manage the University chauffeurs and VIP vehicles;
- provide appropriate driver training and familiarisation.
All University vehicles are to be managed in accordance with these Procedures. Daily and weekly log sheets are to be completed by all drivers to record vehicle usage and defects. Line managers are responsible for ensuring their vehicles are fit for use and drivers are suitably qualified and fit to drive.
Advice on 'Driving at Work' can be found in the Safety Services web page under General Safety (login required).