Portering and Cleaning Services (PACS)
If you need a porter or special clean at short notice please contact your zone porters, the service is available 12 hours a day from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. For general queries, suggestions and concerns please email email@example.com
What we do
The portering and cleaning service is responsible for keeping the buildings clean, dealing with spillages, assisting with office moves, assisting with deliveries, opening and locking buildings and teaching rooms as required, ensuring that the designated lay-outs for teaching rooms are maintained, setting up and clearing down furniture for special events. The service operates in all the University’s academic and administrative buildings; we are not responsible for the Percy Gee Building (Students Union ) or for the student residences.
What Hours Do We Work?
Cleaners work from 7:00 - 10:00 am
Lead Cleaners work from 7:00am - 12:00 noon
Porters are available from 7:00am - 7:00 pm
The porters and cleaners work in teams, each building will have a cleaning team with a lead cleaner. Unlike the rest of the team, the lead cleaner works until 12:00 noon and will be available to discuss any requests or issues that you might have. Porters work to zones, each zone has a supervisor. The portering team will take over the responsibility for emergency and special cleaning requests from 9:00 until 19:00.
What you can expect from us
- Cleaning of all designated areas to British Institute of Cleaning Science agreed standards.
- Cleaning of areas as required according to the cleaning schedules.
Respond to emergency cleaning requirements.
- Provide planned cleaning for VIP visits and special functions/events.
- Provide a service to carry out planned equipment/office moves.
Set out seminar/meeting rooms.
- Assist with deliveries of goods, equipment and furniture where applicable.
Set up, clear down and staff, ceremonial occasions.
What we need you to do
- Direct all cleaning requests through your lead cleaner or portering team leader as appropriate.
- Direct all requests for planned moves through the on-line form or portering team leaders as appropriate.
- Provide reasonable notice for planned moves, special cleans and any other special requests.
- Provide contact details for all planned moves.
- Provide suitable and safe access to work areas. Including insuring that areas and work surfaces are sufficiently clear for cleaning to take place.
The portering service is available from 7:00 – 19:00 on weekdays. Our cleaners operate from 7:00 – 10:00 Mondays - Thursdays and 7:00 - 9:15 on Fridays; lead cleaners operate from 7:00 – 12:00. Out-of-hours portering services can be provided for special events if sufficient notice is provided.
There is no direct charge for these services to academic and corporate service departments.