The Horticultural Services Team is responsible for keeping the 120 acres of University grounds and gardens clean, tidy and attractive to provide a pleasant environment for staff, students and visitors. The grounds include the University Botanic Garden and the Attenborough Arboretum.
We also work with other members of the facilities team to maintain the campus, roads, car parks and footpaths.
What you can expect from us
- Provide a year round Horticultural Service to include mowing, edging, weeding, hedge cutting, pruning and leaf clearing.
- Provide floral and seasonal bedding displays.
- Maintain the living plant collections in the Botanic Garden.
- Provide teaching research plant material from the Botanic Garden.
- Inspect and maintain trees at the University properties.
- Provide a weekday litter clearing service to Academic sites, the Botanic Garden.
- Provide a winter gritting service on main pedestrian areas, roads and parking spaces on all academic sites and car parks, and to residences as required.
- Provide technical advice on all horticultural/landscape improvements and developments.
What we need you to do
- Place all litter, including cigarette butts and chewing gum in the receptacles provided.
- Avoid driving or parking on planted areas.
- Show respect and consideration for the Estate by:
- Not walking on flowerbeds
- Not picking flowers or taking cuttings
- Not swinging on branches or performing any other activity likely to cause damage to plants and trees.
This is a core service provided year round.
There is no direct charge for these services to academic and corporate service departments.