D-Locks and Cycle Safety
Keep your bike safe
If you are a University of Leicester student then bring your bicycle to the Security Lodge, register your cycle with us on Immobilise and purchase a D-lock for £10.
D-locks will be sold at the Security Lodge:
Monday 9:00am and 3:30pm
Tuesday - Thursday between 9:00 am and 12:00 noon.
The scheme is also open to University of Leicester staff who can purchase the D-lock for £10.
Our D-Lock Specifications
- Hardened steel D Lock
- Disc key for additional anti-pick protection
- Anti-dust keyway protection
- Carrier bracket for storage convenience
- Insurance approved: Sold Secure, VDS, SSF
- Masterlock security rating of 10
There are currently no planned cycle events.
Check back here for news on further dates and locations
University Bike Park
There is a free-to-use bike storage facility for staff and students under the podium in front of the David Wilson Library. Entry is by access card and you need to register using the online application form. We will automatically update your student access card and email you once this has been done.
Cycle Safety Tips
- Always secure your bike, no matter how long you are leaving it for, by locking both wheels and the frame of the bike to an immovable object using a D-lock.
- Register your bike with the University of Leicester and gain access to the cycle store podium.
- Avoid leaving your bike in dimly lit areas.
- For additional protection, keep your bike locked whilst at home
For more information, please visit: www.direct.gov.uk/steer clear of cycle theft
Any further questions, please contact security at firstname.lastname@example.org