Embedding Positive Attitudes and Behaviours
The University of Leicester is proud to host this Community of Practice that focuses on sustainable behaviour change as part of the Environmental Association of Universities and Colleges (EAUC).
This community works together to identify precedents in the area, share experiences and best practice examples (from within or without education) and to provide member institutions with guidelines and templates where possible to lighten the workload when tackling this important area.
The aims of the community include:
- To work together and/or share resources to help members achieve specific aims/objectives
- To share lessons learnt and good practice for the benefit of the group and other FE/HE to improve positive attitude and behaviour change management
- Identify common challenges and develop initiatives to address these challenges
- To collate and communicate views on specific issues to influence the work of EAUC and other bodies (e.g. recommend CPD training, plan and deliver conference workshops, identify potential case studies, recommend potential EAUC projects etc)
- Arrange educational workshops and provide training opportunities
Provide advice and guidance
- To promote the principles of positive attitude and behaviour change management to FE/HE
- To encourage other FE/HE to join the group
- To investigate funding opportunities for projects
The Community of Practice was launched at an event event on 17 November 2011 at the University of Leicester and was also available live to online participants.
Further details and links (requires login)
The presentations are available below. Other outputs from the day (terms of reference, annual plan etc) will be published here shortly.
|Sandra Lee (University of Leicester), Lisa Walkley (EAUC)||Introduction||11:02|
|Delphine Wolfe (National Energy Foundation), Andrew Smith (Zap Carbon)||What is behaviour change?||28:09|
|Haydn Young (GAIA)||Implementing change||26:05|
|Alison Plaumer (Sussex Downs)||Embedding behaviour change||29:32|
|Delphine, Andrew, Haydn and Alison||Panel Discussion||25:43|
|Harriet Kingaby (Futerra)||Selling the Sizzle||21:48|
|Sandra Lee (University of Leicester)||What are we going to do next?||31:50