Space and Property Management
The Space and Property Management Division looks after the lease and sale of property within the University. The service also maintains a detailed and accurate record of space usage in the University through the MICAD Intranet Property Register Database. It is essential that the University supplies accurate data on space use as MICAD is used to generate Estates Management Statistics (EMS) reports to HESA and Transparent Approach to Costing (TRAC) reports to HEFCE which directly affect the University's funding from the Government.
Space allocation is determined through a process of approval under the direction of the Space Utilization sub-Committee. Requests for new space should be discussed with the Space Management Surveyor who will also inform you of any deadlines that need to be met.
What we do
Maintain an accurate record of the space and space use within the University through the MICAD Intranet Property Register database.
- Conduct an annual space survey.
- Provide a responsive service to requests to space.
- Work with customers to develop an awareness of the importance of efficient space utilisation.
- Provide customers with information on space use within their department.
What we need you to do
For us to maintain this level of standard you will need to:
- Provide a space management liaison contact for your department.
- Inform the Property Data Management Officer of any changes to use of space within your department.
- Complete the Annual Space Survey as requested.
- Follow the agreed procedures for requests for space, taking particular note of deadlines.
This is a core service available year round.
There is no charge to academic or corporate service departments for this service.