Welcome to the Estates Division
The Estates and Facilities Management Division is one of the University’s key support services and provides a wide range of estates development and facilities management activities for the University; please see our services pages for further information.
The Division employs more than 350 people, mostly as front-line service staff (cleaners, craftsmen, gardeners, porters, security staff), for contact details of office based staff please visit the people page. The Director of Estates, is Trevor Humphreys who joined the University in June 2012 from the University of Manchester. Please visit the Director page to find out more about him. Please visit the structure page to find out more about how the Division is organised.
The Estates Division works with the University through the Committee Structure to develop policies, plans and strategies related to estate functions.
Aims and Mission
In support of our mission statement, quoted right, particular our aim is to deliver the following:
- Provide an attractive, safe, clean, accessible and welcoming setting for the University estate;
- Ensure that all of the University building stock is well maintained and of an appropriate size, quality and functionality;
- Maximise development capacity of all sites and ensure the most efficient and effective use of all built space;
- Continue to work to reduce the carbon emissions of the University;
- Provide new and refurbished residential accommodation which is attractive to our students;
- Deliver an ambitious capital programme to build new and to refurbish/renew and regenerate the existing estate underpinned by an Estates Strategy which is currently under review.