We are looking for expressions of interest in a proposed new group in Shakespeare.
Areas to be addressed might include:
- Shakespeare in and as performance on stage, screen and in other media;
- Shakespeare for readers;
- Shakespeare and the states of contemporary criticism;
- Shakespeare past, present and future;
- Shakespeare for all ages;
- Shakespeare as creative source, resource and inspiration;
- Shakespeare's lives and afterlives.
We are particularly interested in exploring opportunities for dialogue between performance, teaching and creative writing, and will be looking for exciting and original ways for the SIG and the English Association will contribute to the anniversary events of 2016.
Anyone interested please contact Professor Robert Shaughnessy at the University of Kent, R.Shaughnessy@kent.ac.uk