Presessional 10 weeks (minimum IELTS 5.5)
||IELTS 5.5 (Law applicants IELTS 6.0)
You must have 4.0 minimum in all skills.
Visit our entry levels page for more information.
||Tier 4 visa, Dependent Visa, or EU passport|
|Classes:||21 hours per week|
||Academic year 2013-14: £3,150 / Academic year 2014-15: £3,350
Our 10-week presessional programme will give you the English language and academic skills you need for successful study at a UK university.
- Learn how to structure and write academic essays
- Develop reading skills to deal with long academic texts quickly and effectively
- Develop speaking skills for seminars, tutorials and presentations
- Build your academic and general English vocabulary across a range of topics
- Practise your note-taking by attending real lectures given by guest lecturers from departments across the University of Leicester
- Research and write a 1,500 word essay in your subject area, and learn key academic research and study skills such as referencing and how to avoid plagiarism
All course materials are included in the cost of the course and are carefully selected to prepare you for the level of language you will meet in an English academic environment.
At each stage of the programme there are exams to test your skills and check your progress in reading, writing, speaking and listening. You will also do regular written work, which will be marked by your teacher.
What happens after I finish the presessional programme?
Students who successfully pass Course D exams can start their undergraduate or postgraduate course at the University of Leicester.
After you start your degree, master's, or PhD, you can continue to receive help from the English Language Teaching Unit. The ELTU provides a range of support classes and tutorials for international students studying at both undergraduate and postgraduate level.