Cambridge Exam Preparation Courses
In addition to our exam preparation courses, it is possible to take a range of Cambridge ESOL exams here at the ELTU. We are an authorised Open Centre, so we welcome any candidate who is interested in taking an exam.
Exam preparation courses starting April 2013
|Exam course||Day / Time||
|Cambridge English: First (FCE)||Tuesdays
Cambridge English:Advanced (CAE)
Tue 16 Apr / Tue 18 June 2013 (final teaching day)
|Cambridge English: Proficiency (CPE)||Thursdays
|Thus 18 Apr / Thus 20 June 2013 (final teaching day)|
|Cambridge English: Business (BEC)||Thursdays
- one or two three-hour class(es) per week
- 8-10 weeks
- Maximum of 16 students in each class
How much does it cost?
The price of each course is £280 (existing students qualify for a loyalty discount and pay £250). This includes:
- 30 hours' teaching
- all teaching materials, including coursebook
- access to lending library for additional practice materials
- support for exam registration
Please note that this price does not include the entrance fee for your chosen exam. Course fees should be paid in full before the start of the course: information about fees payment and refunds.
How do I apply?
- For further information and registration, please use the Cambridge exams preparation course registration form or come to the ELTU Office, 3rd Floor Readson House, 96 Regent Road, Leicester.
- Please note that the minimum age for enrolment on all exam preparation courses is 18.
Before the course starts you will need to do a standard placement test to make sure you are attending the right level. The test is free and lasts 40 minutes.
If you do not do the placement test, the ELTU reserves the right to change your class if it is not appropriate for your level of English.
Where are the classes?
The classes take place at the English Language Teaching Unit (ELTU), located in Readson House. The ELTU is located just 10 minutes' walk from the University of Leicester main campus, and close to Leicester city centre. Readson House provides the perfect environment for study:
- Comfortable, modern classrooms
- Internet access, data projectors. and overhead sound systems in all classrooms
- Lending library where you can borrow study materials to improve your English at home
- Student Common Room with tea and coffee-making facilities
Unfortunately, there is no parking available at Readson House. The nearest car park is Victoria Park. There are a limited number of pay and display spaces available on the side roads off Regent Road.
National Rail Enquries give details of trains services to and from Leicester. The ELTU is 10 minutes' walk from the station.
Taxis are available from the rank at the front of Leicester station, or can be booked from:
- Swift Fox Cabs: 0116 262 8222
- ABC Taxis: 0116 255 5305
- Victoria Cabs: 0116 274 5666
Course fees should be paid in full before the start of the course. Payment can be made by any of the following methods:
- Online by Credit or Debit Card (MasterCard, Visa and Delta)
- Cheque / Banker's Draft
For more information: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you pay your tuition fees in advance and do not start the course, you are entitled to a full refund. If you start your course and then decide to leave before completing it, you will be entitled to a partial refund.
Full details are available at www.le.ac.uk/offices/finance/campus/refund