Distance Education Centre (DEC)
The Distance Education Centre (DEC) are committed to serving the needs of the DL community and are constantly reviewing and developing services in response to feedback from the community, either through the regular DL Forum or via meetings with individual departments.
The resources within this site are for anyone interested in the provision of distance learning (DL). This includes the wider distance learning community and departments at the University of Leicester who provide, or are considering developing, distance learning courses.
The DEC website currently has five areas:
- Studying - centrally held information about courses, departments and support
- Teaching - professional development
- Managing - practical advice and information to help you with the day-to-day management of distance learning courses
- Designing - course design and development processes, support and guidance
- Community - helping you to make connections and share best practice with the University of Leicester and wider DL communities