Leicester Graduate Internships
The Career Development Service is offering you the chance to recruit fresh, inspiring graduate talent to bring innovative ideas and solutions to your business – an opportunity to ʻtry before you buyʼ as part of your recruitment strategy.
We’ll assist you by:
Hasmita Chavda, Programme Development Assistant, Ignite! Futures shares her experience of hosting a graduate intern from the University of Leicester
- Providing expert advice and guidance on graduate recruitment;
- Advertising your opportunities for free on our intranet - saving you money;
- Sourcing high calibre talent to suit your needs;
- Helping to short-list candidates - saving you time;
- Offering a bursary towards the salary - reducing the total cost (for SMEs);
- Putting in place a service-level agreement to support the internship arrangement;
- Providing interns with an induction and guidance, as well as learning and development resources throughout the internship – supporting line managers.
Who can take part?
Any UK registered organisation can get involved. Bursaries are however only available to SMEs. All organisations need to have commercial premises and be able to take on an intern for at least 3 months. The majority of internships start between November and December, however we do have other opportunities running throughout the year.
What organisations need to do if they wish to take part
You’ll simply need to:
- Interview and/or assess all eligible, short-listed candidates;
- Employ the intern, offering them all associated benefits and commit to pay them a salary (minimum of £13k pro-rata);
- Provide a line manager and/or mentor to support and guide the intern throughout the placement.
How do I get involved?
- Email us with your company details and complete the checklist so we can register your organisation.
- Then, complete a role template, with details of the graduate internship role, following our guidelines and email to us so we can help develop the content.
If you would like to participate or have any queries please contact us at email@example.com
Take a look at some of our success stories
Neil Varden, CEO, TNG Europe Limited (CabinZero) shares his experience of hosting two graduate interns from the University of Leicester
Case Study 1
Marketing Assistant with Williams Commerce
Case Study 3
Research Executive with Adroit-e Research