Graduate Gateways – connecting SMEs with talent
Benefits of recruiting a graduate:
- Support resourcing challenges – graduates can be focused on just one project or be engaged to support peak periods
- Test drive your talent and reduce risks normally associated with permanent recruitment
- Enhance perspective and energy within your business with fresh viewpoints and recent thinking
- Promote your brand and opportunities amongst the next generation of employees
- Increase employee retention and productivity – graduates who become permanent after fixed-term contacts typically stay longer in role and contribute more
We can offer you:
Hasmita Chavda, Programme Development Assistant at Ignite! Futures, shares her experience of hosting a graduate intern from the University of Leicester
- High quality graduates available from July
- Fully managed recruitment service including experts advice on graduate recruitment & role development
- Free advertising of vacancies
- Support with screening
- Financial assistance to get you started - bursaries of £1500
Who can take part?
Any UK registered organisation can get involved with Graduate Gateways. All organisations need to have commercial premises and be able to take on a graduate for at least 10 weeks (average recommended duration is 6 months).
Santander Universities Network part-sponsor Graduate Gateways, offering bursaries of up to £1500 to SMEs for taking on a graduate for at least 3 months. Get in touch with us to find out whether your business is eligible for funding.
How do I get involved?
Register your interest by e-mailing us on: firstname.lastname@example.org
Take a look at some of our success stories
Neil Varden, CEO, TNG Europe Limited (CabinZero) shares his experience of hosting two graduate interns from the University of Leicester
Case Study 1
Marketing Assistant with Williams Commerce
Case Study 3
Research Executive with Adroit-e Research