Come and see us
You can find us on the ground floor of the Percy Gee (Students' Union) Building. We're are open Monday-Friday.
We are here to help and support you, 1-2-1 appointments are available throughout the week and
- Generating career ideas and plans
- Gaining relevant work experience
- Developing employability skills
- Writing effective CVs, cover letters and application forms
- Interview preparation and practice
- Exploring further study options
Each appointment is 20 minutes long and you can book an appointment up to a week in advance. All of our face to face appointments take place in the Career Development Service in the Percy Gee Building.
If you just want to pop in for a chat, you can drop in and see us any time during our opening hours and there will be a friendly face to greet you and explain how we can help. Don’t hesitate in dropping in to see us – we are here to help and may well be able to answer your query on the spot.
After booking your appointment, you will receive an email confirmation that will include a link to a variety of preparation materials. Please complete the sheet that is most relevant to your appointment and bring it with you on the day. These should not be too time-consuming as you are only required to complete one preparation sheet per appointment.
The preparation materials are designed to provide you with a more enhanced and focused feedback or guidance appointment.
Appointments are available Monday to Friday:
- Monday 10.00am - 5.00pm
- Tuesday 10.00am - 7.00pm*
- Wednesday 10.00am - 5.00pm
- Thursday 10.00am - 7.00pm*
- Friday 10.00am - 5.00pm
- Weekend Closed
* guidance and feedback appointments are available until 7pm on Tuesday and Thursdays. In order to book a late appointment please call us on 0116 252 2004 or book in person at the Career Development Service.
Appointments can be booked on MyCareers, in person at the Career Development Service, or by calling 0116 252 2004.
On arrival for an appointment please let the reception staff know you are here.
- If you are running late for your appointment: Please notify us as soon as possible by calling 0116 252 2004. If you are more than five minutes late we may not be able to see you and will request that you re-book for another appointment.
- If you need to cancel: Please notify us as soon as possible – you can cancel your appointment online via MyCareers, over the phone or by visiting the Career Development Service Hub. Please ensure you give as much notice as possible, so we can reallocate your appointment to another student.
If you miss three appointments without cancelling then you may be excluded from making any further appointments with us. At this stage you will be required to write to the Director of the Career Development Service explaining why you have missed appointments without cancelling.
You can still access our guidance services over the phone or via.
To make an appointment please call 0116 252 2004. You will then be called at the arranged time. During the course of the telephone appointment, you may be directed to websites or other resources, so access to a computer and/or pen and paper during the conversation is essential.
Careers guidance and support can also be accessed via email by submitting your query through MyCareers and we aim to reply to your query within five working days.