How to Find Us
Student Services Centre, Charles Wilson Building
|Monday-Friday 9- 7 during term time (9-5 out of term time)
Weekends – Closed
|How to Book||
Book an appointment by any of the following:
|When to book||
You can book an appointment on the day or up to a week in advance
Whether it's on campus or off campus, your appointment can be carried out by any of the following options making it more convenient and accessible to you:
Face-to-face - either by dropping in for a general chat about your queries, or booking an appointment to talk about something specific i.e career guidance, a CV, mock interview, etc.
Telephone or Skype - Can't make it onto campus? All our appointments mentioned below can be conducted remotely via telephone or Skype.
How can we help you?
We are here to help and support you. We offer a number of different appointments based on your specific needs:
- Application and Selection Coaching is for advice and support with your applications, whether you are looking to gain experience, apply for graduate jobs or for further study. You can bring along your CV, cover letters and applications, and get help and advice for upcoming interviews, assessment centres and psychometric tests. You can also receive help with developing your LinkedIn profile. (20 min appointment)
- Career Guidance appointments are for exploring what you want to do after university, assessing what career paths are open to you, how to gain experience, and for further researching areas of interest. (20 min appointment)
- Mock Interviews are for interview practice with an adviser for personalised coaching and advice. (45 min appointment)
- Business Coaching is one to one guidance to help you explore options in business start-up and enterprise and help you get your idea started (30 min appointment).
- Room booking for Skype/ Video Interview - If you have a Skype or video interview coming up, we may be able to provide a room for you to conduct the interview in if you don't have a suitable space at home. You will be able to book one slot in any one week, check MyCareers for availability! Please note the usual 3 strike policy applies for missed sessions, read our for further details.
No Prep, No Entry
After booking your appointment, you will receive an email confirmation that will include a link to a variety of preparation materials. Please complete the sheet that is most relevant to your appointment and bring it with you on the day. These should not be too time-consuming as you are only required to complete one preparation sheet per appointment.
The preparation materials are designed to provide you with a more enhanced and focussed appointment.
If you can’t make your appointment…
If you’re running late for an appointment or can’t make it please notify us as soon as possible by calling 0116 252 2004. If you’re more than five minutes late we may not be able to see you and will request that you re-book for another appointment.
We’re committed to encouraging professional behavior so we use a three strike policy for those individuals who miss appointments or events. Read our cancellation policy for details.
If you can’t get to campus…
You can still access our guidance services over the phone or via e-guidance.
Telephone / Skype
All our appointments can be conducted over the telephone, and Career Guidance appointments can be conducted via Skype. To arrange an appointment by telephone or Skype, please call us on 0116 252 2004. You will then be called/Skyped at the arranged time. During the course of the telephone appointment, you may be directed to websites or other resources, so access to a computer and/or pen and paper during the conversation is essential. If you have any supplementary documents you wish the adviser to look at, please send these to us in advance of the appointment.
Careers guidance and support with application and selection coaching can also be accessed via email by submitting your query through MyCareers. Please ensure you save and complete the appropriate preparation form for your appointment and attach it to Mycareers along with the document you wish to have reviewed. For more detailed instructions on how to do this please use the MyCareers student user guide. This process will ensure that your query is responded to within 3 working days.
"A major aspect for me was the regular encouragement and support I received from the Careers Advisor in the Career Development Service. This was of real help, particularly when you're spending 8 hours a day, 7 days a week hunting for a job. I do not believe I would have been as readily received by my company if it were not for the fantastic CV I received helped to create."
Callum Taylor, Product Analyst at REPL Digital
(Graduated in 2016 with BA Human Geography)
Accessing our services
All of our services are here to support you. We will ensure our services are accessible and inclusive for all students irrespective of sex, pregnancy and maternity, gender, gender reassignment, disability, race, ethnic or national origin, age, sexual orientation, soci-economic background, religion and belief, political beliefs, family circumstances including marriage and civil partnership and trade union membership.